Hotdogs with Sticky Roasted Onions
|Streaky bacon rashers||22 , halved (Unsmoked)|
|White onions||3 , sliced|
|Red onions||3 , sliced|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Whole grain mustard||5 Tablespoon|
|Tomato ketchup||5 Tablespoon|
|Dark muscovado sugar||5 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Soft rolls||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
2. Using whole bacon rasher, wrap Cumberland sausage. Use half rasher for wrap chipolata.
3. Take 1 or 2 shallow baking trays and arrange the wrapped sausage and chipolata.
4. Take a large roasting tin, add oil and sliced onions and toss well.
5. Place on the top oven shelf and roast, keeping sausage beneath, for about 20 min.
6. Prepare a mixture of Worcestershire sauce, sugar, ketchup and mustard sauce along with seasoning. Keep aside for 20 min.
7. Add to onions and continue roasting for 10 minutes more till sticky.
8. Take off from oven and keep aside, retaining the warmth. Check if sausages are cooked to doneness. If not, grill till desired doneness.
9. Halve the buns and serve along with sticky roasted onions, crisp bacon-wrapped sausages and oven fries.