Glazed White Onions
|Small white onions||1 Pound|
|Chicken stock||4 Tablespoon|
1. With a small paring knife peel onions
2. In a small saucepan add peeled onions and cover them with cold water.
3. Blanch by heating until water boils rapidly.
4. Drain into a colander and let stand in the steam.
5. Return onions to the saucepan with remaining ingredients.
6. Place over low heat and simmer, stirring frequently, until onions are tender and lightly caramelized and liquid has reduced completely.
7. Dish out immediately and serve hot as a side to steaks, grills or roasts.