|Spanish onions||6 Large|
|Coarse salt||To Taste|
|Paprika||1 Teaspoon (For Garnish)|
|Parsley sprigs||3 (For Garnish)|
1) In order to prevent the sugar contained in the onions to stick to the pan, line a deep roasting pan with foil.
2) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
3) From the unpeeled onions, cut the roots and stand them in the prepared roasting pan in the upright position.
4) Put the pan in the center of the preheated oven and bake for about 2 hours or till the onions are tender when tested with a small knife or a skewer.
5) Take the onions out and peel the skins off very carefully. Set the onions on a hot serving dish.
6) With a pointed knife, open the tops of the onions slightly and push a small piece of butter into each.
7) Sprinkle salt and pepper all over the top with sprinkling of paprika or parsley.
8) Serve right away.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1410 Calories from Fat 663
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 76 g116.2%
Saturated Fat 47.1 g235.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 193.5 mg64.5%
Sodium 418.2 mg17.4%
Total Carbohydrates 178 g59.3%
Dietary Fiber 33.8 g135.3%
Sugars 80 g
Protein 22 g44.4%
Vitamin A 104.4% Vitamin C 244.7%
Calcium 46.6% Iron 29.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet