|White onions||40 Small, peeled but with root ends left on (About 1 Inch In Diameter)|
|Olive oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Wine vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Madeira/Dry vermouth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Saffron||1 Pinch (A Large Pinch)|
|Tomato paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Dark raisins||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1) Take a skillet, add oil, vinegar, wine and stir fry onion, bay leaves, thyme, basil, salt and pepper.
2) Pour water, cover, and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
3) Add a pinch of saffron, tomato paste, and let it cook until onions become tender.
4) Add raisins and cook until the sauce thickens.
5) Let it chill in refrigerator.
6) Take soup plates, garnish with chopped parsley, and serve the onions in the sauce.