Richard's Onion Rings
|Self-rising flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), divided|
|Ground red pepper||To Taste|
|Beer||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onions||5 Medium, sliced 1/4 inch thick|
|Cooking oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Fat Frying)|
1. Take a bowl and mix flour with ground red pepper, salt, pepper and beer to prepare a batter.
2. Take a paper bad and transfer the left out 1 cup flour into it.
3. Separate the cut onion rings.
4. Take a fork and immerse the onion rings into the batter.
5. Drain off excessive batter.
6. Transfer the coated onions into flour bag and shake off the excessive flour.
7. Take a deep-fat fryer or a 12-inch skillet and add oil.
8. Deep fry the pickles in hot oil for about 2 to 3 minutes or till the rings turn golden brown.
9. Transfer to a dish layered with paper towels to remove excessive oil.
10. Serve immediately.