Baked Stuffed Onions
|Spanish onions||4 Medium|
|Cooked brown rice||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Cooked lentils||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Chopped celery||60 Milliliter (1/4 Cup)|
|Gravy||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Minced fresh parsley||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Walnuts||15 Milliliter, chopped (1 Tablespoon)|
|Tarragon||5 Milliliter (1 Teaspoon)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
2) Cut the tops of all the onions.
3) Scoop out maximum fleshy part from inside the onions, leaving 2 to 3 onion layers and the skin.
4) Cut off a thin slice from the onion’s bottom (root end), taking care that the cavity is not cut and so that, the onion can be placed upright.
5) Chop the fleshy onion centers.
6) Bake the onions with their skins for 25 to 30 minutes.
7) In a medium sized bowl, mix the chopped onion with the remaining ingredients.
8) Use this ingredient mixture to stuff the shells of the onions.
9) Bake the onions in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until they become tender.
10) Serve as starter dish.