Sauteed Yellow Onions
|Yellow onions||6 Medium, peeled|
|Butter/Margarine/ cooking oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Thinly slice the onions and separate them into rings
2. Dredge the onion in flour to get a crunchier texture and browner colour.
3. In a deep heavy skillet or a wok, combine butter and oil and heat over a medium flame.
4. Add the onion rings and stir fry for 8-12 minutes until browned according to preference.
5. Remove and drain rings on paper toweling
6. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
7. Serve the onion rings immediately while hot and crunchy as an accompaniment to burgers, steaks or grilled meats or use as a garnish
You can use an electric skillet with temperature control set at 350° F.
To make the onion rings crisp, raise heat to high at the end and stir-fry for 1 minute.
Calories 131 Calories from Fat 67
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.8%
Saturated Fat 4.8 g24.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 20.2 mg6.7%
Sodium 70.3 mg2.9%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8.1%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 1 g2.9%
Vitamin A 4.7% Vitamin C
Calcium 0.3% Iron 1.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet