Skillet Turnips And Red Onions
|Turnips||1 1⁄4 Pound, peeled and cubed (Medium Size)|
|Red onion||1 Large, peeled and thinly sliced|
|Water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1. In a large saucepan, combine turnips with all the other ingredients.
2. Place pan on a medium low flame and bring to a boil.
3. Cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes until turnips are tender. Do not remove the lid when simmering and only shake skillet frequently.
4. Once turnips are tender crisp, uncover the pan and deduce the liquid by stirring gently until turnips are glazed with the butter and all moisture evaporates.
5. Turn into a serving dish and serve warm
While simmering it the liquid is reduced, add 1 tablespoon water.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 618 Calories from Fat 326
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g57%
Saturated Fat 23.2 g115.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 96.8 mg32.3%
Sodium 1838.3 mg76.6%
Total Carbohydrates 67 g22.4%
Dietary Fiber 17.1 g68.2%
Sugars 45.6 g
Protein 9 g17.8%
Vitamin A 22.5% Vitamin C 232.7%
Calcium 25% Iron 9.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet