Pink Onions Escoffier
|Tarragon vinegar/Cider vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|White wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Tomato paste||3 Tablespoon|
|Seedless raisins||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Small white onions||1 Pound, peeled|
1) In a saucepan, add all the ingredients other than the onions. Combine thoroughly.
2) Add onions to the mixture.
3) Place the saucepan over high heat and bring it to a boil.
4) Reduce heat to low and cover the saucepan with a lid. Let it simmer for an hour or until the onions are thoroughly cooked and the sauce has turned creamy.
5) Remove from heat and allow cooling at room temperature.
6) Place inside refrigerator to chill.
7) Serve chilled by garnishing with lemon wedges.