1. In a grinder, grind Brazil nuts and raw almonds until you get a cornmeal texture. Add 1 1/2 tbsp ground flax seeds and a pinch of sea salt.
2. Add the chopped onions into the mix and combine
3. In a bowl combine 2 tbsp of whole flax seed with little water. Once the flax seeds are soaked combine it with the nut mixture and add 2 tbsp of dried ground flax seeds and bind them.
4. Once done place the onion stick mixture on the non stick dehydrator sheet, and dehydrate at 105 for 6 hours.
5. After 6 hours turn the onion stick mixture and cut them into onion sticks and dehydrate at 105 for further 6 hours.
7. Serve the onion rings and stick as a snack.
Foods like this raw onion rings and raw onion bread sticks should be a staple in every raw-foodies pantry. Unlike fresh onions, dehydrated onions are both mild and delicious. These raw onion rings are made crispy in the dehydrator are the perfect raw snack replacement for crispy, salty chips. They taste like they're fried but without all the fat and grease to go along with it. It is foods like this that will help in the success and longevity of your raw or high raw diet.