Celery & Nuts Stuffed Onions
|Boiling water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Chopped celery||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Chopped nuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Grated cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Stuffed olives||12 , sliced|
1. Start oven, set at 350° F., Moderate. Rub a small flat pan with bacon drippings, margarine or butter.
2. Peel the onions under water. Drop into 4 cups boiling water with 1 teaspoon salt and boil 20 minutes. Drain.
3. When cool enough to handle, remove centers, leaving shells 1/4 inch thick. Chop the onion pulp and mix with the celery, nuts and salt.
4. Fill mixture back into the onion shells, top with the cheese and place onions in the baking pan. Pour 1/2 cup boiling water around them and bake 20 minutes.
5. Remove to a hot platter, garnish with sprigs of water cress and sliced olives.