Onion Filled Squash
|Acorn squash||2 Medium|
|Frozen small onions in cream sauce||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Bacon flavored bits/2 slices bacon||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), crisply fried and crumbled|
|Chopped green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Buttered bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Pierce whole squash and set aside.
2. PIace slit pouch of frozen onions in 1 1/2-quart glass casserole.
3. Place squash on upper rack in oven and onions on bottom shelf.
4. Microwave both for 6 to 8 minutes on HIGH, or until onions are warm. Remove onions and continue cooking squash for 4 minutes on HIGH.
5. Cut squash in half; remove seeds. Place, cut-side-up, in 2-quart (8 x 8) glass baking dish; sprinkle with salt. Empty onion pouch into casserole; stir in bacon and green pepper. Fill centers of squash with onion mixture; sprinkle with bread crumbs. Remove rack from oven.
6. Microwave squash for 10 to 11 minutes on HIGH, or until tender. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.