Thyme Glazed Onions
|Onions||4 Medium, unpeeled (red or yellow variety)|
|Olive oil||4 Teaspoon|
|Balsamic vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh thyme||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. Coat unpeeled onions with olive oil.
3. Place onions in a medium-sized cast-iron skillet.
4. Bake in oven 1 hour or until soft. Remove onions from skillet. Cut in half lengthwise; arrange cut side up on a serving platter.
5. Deglaze skillet with vinegar, scraping up the juices. Reduce until syrupy, about 5 minutes.
6. Pour over onions and serve at room temperature.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 574 Calories from Fat 186
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.4%
Saturated Fat 3.2 g15.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 48.5 mg2%
Total Carbohydrates 91 g30.3%
Dietary Fiber 16.1 g64.4%
Sugars 43.9 g
Protein 10 g20.4%
Vitamin A 14.6% Vitamin C 141.7%
Calcium 26.7% Iron 27.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet