Swordfish with Tomato and Onion Relish
|Swordfish fillet||4 (1 Inch Thick)|
|Shallots||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Red wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Orange||1 , juiced|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dark brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Oranges||3 , juiced and grated rind from 1|
|Red wine vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Oranges||3 , peeled, seeded and sectioned|
|Tomatoes||3 , peeled, seeded and chopped|
|Red onion||1 Small, finely chopped|
1. In a shallow baking dish, place swordfish in a single layer.
2. In a small bowl, combine shallots, red wine, orange juice and oil. Pour over the fish; cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours.,
3. In a small saucepan over low heat, combine sugar, orange juice, rind and vinegar. Cook about 10 minutes until the sauce is reduced to about 1/2 cup (125 ml).
4. Add the oranges, tomatoes, onion and cook another 20 minutes. Set aside.
5. Preheat grill to high. Remove fish from marinade, reserving marinade. Brush the cooking surface with oil. Grill swordfish about 4 to 6 minutes per side, brushing with marinade, until firm. Serve with the relish.