|Rice||1 Cup (16 tbs) (sona masoori variety)|
|Onion||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Garam masala powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh coconut/Frozen coconut||1 Teaspoon|
|Cilantro||1 Teaspoon (For garnishing)|
1. Cook rice and cool it to room temperature and separate the grains.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add the onions and slit green chilli.
3. Fry the onions till golden brown.
4. Now add the garam masala and saute for about 10 seconds on a low flame. (You can adjust the spice according to your taste. If you want it less spicy use less garam masala).
5. Add rice and salt and mix it well. (You can add salt to the rice and mix it well before adding it to the pan).
6. Add coconut and mix it well.
7. Cover and cook on a low flamefor about 6 minutes.
8. Serve hot garnished with cilantro.