Skewered Sweet Onions With Shrimp
|Sweet onions||3 , cut in to chunks (Keystone Variety)|
|Red bell peppers||2 , cut in to chunks|
|Extra-virgin olive oil||3 Tablespoon, divided|
|Seafood seasoning||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Chesapeake Bay-Style)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh basil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh thyme||1 Tablespoon|
1. Steam 1 pound shrimp. Peel 1 pineapple and cut into chunks.
2. Peel remaining 2 pounds shrimp;thread on skewers with pineapple chunks, onions and peppers; thread any remaining vegetables on skewers.
3. Brush with 2 tablespoons oil and sprinkle with seafood seasoning. Grill skewers, basting with remaining oil; keep warm.
4. Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat. Add the juice and grated peel of 1 lemon and 1 lime, garlic and herbs; keep warm.
5. Brush warm sauce on the cooked skewers and pierce the whole pineapple with the skewers. Place remaining vegetables and steamed shrimp around the pineapple.Top with sauce, lemon juice and lime juice.