Chayote With Onions
|Chayote||2 Pound, pounded (675 To 900 Grams Total)|
|White onions||2 Medium|
|Butter/Margarine||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoons)|
|Vegetable oil||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Dried oregano||2 Milliliter (1/2 Teaspoon)|
|Salt||2 Milliliter (1/4 To 1/2 Teaspoon)|
1. Pare and seed chayotes; cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch (1.3-cm) thick slices
2. Cut onions lengthwise into halves. Cut halves lengthwise into 1/4 inch (6-mm) thick slices; separate into slivers.
3. Heat butter and oil in 10-inch (25-cm) skillet over medium heat until foam subsides. Add onions and oregano; saute over medium-low heat until onions are golden, 8 to 10 minutes
4. Add chayote to skillet; saute over medium heat, 3 minutes.
5. Cover skillet; reduce heat to low. Cook until chayote is crisp-tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in salt and pepper.