|Sliced onions||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sifted flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley/1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds||2 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sour cream/1/2 cup grated cheese||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to hot (425° F.).
2. Saute the onions, covered, in butter until tender. Cool.
3. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Chop in the shortening until the mixture resembles coarse cornmeal.
4. Add the parsley and milk and stir until all the flour is moistened.
5. Turn into a well-greased eight-inch-square pan. Spread onions over the top and cover with sour cream.
6. Bake about twenty minutes. Cut into squares