Onion Pie With Anchovies
|Butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Light cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Anchovy fillets||8 (For Topping)|
|Swiss cheese||2 Ounce, grated (For Topping)|
1. Mix the ingredients for the dough and line a 9-inch pie pan with the dough. Put in a cool place.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F.
3. Peel and slice the onions and saute in butter until golden brown.
4. Remove pan from heat, add the cream, and stir in the eggs, one at a time.
5. Season with salt, pepper, and tarragon.
6. Pour the mixture in the pie shell and bake for 30 minutes until the filling has set.
7. Increase oven heat to 400°F.
8. Sprinkle pie with the cheese and garnish with the anchovy fillets.
9. Bake for another 5 minutes until the pie has turned brown.