Quick Onion Kuchen
|Onions||4 Large, sliced|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Caraway seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Rye bread slices||4|
|Bacon slices||4 , halved|
1. Preheat oven to moderate (375° F.).
2. Heat the butter, add the onions and saute until tender.
3. Mix the eggs, sour cream, salt, pepper and caraway seeds.
4. Place the bread in a shallow greased baking dish and cover with the onions. Pour the sour cream mixture over the onions and place the bacon on top.
5. Bake until the bacon is crisp, about twenty-five minutes.