Rooftop Prince Omurice (Omelette Rice, 오므라이스)
|Short grain rice||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked|
|Eggs||6 Large (benten well with 6 pinches salt)|
|Spam/Deviled ham||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped finely|
|Kimchi||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chopped finely (well fermented kimchi) (Optional)|
|Potato||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chopped finely|
|Onion||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chopped finely|
|Zucchini||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chopped finely|
|Button mushrooms||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely|
|Red sweet peppers||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chopped finely|
|Green sweet peppers||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chopped finely|
|Yellow sweet pepper||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chopped finely|
|Carrot||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chopped finely|
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Ketchup||2 Tablespoon (for garnishing)|
1. In a saucepan over medium high, heat the oil and all the finely chopped vegetables and fry them for about 3 minutes on medium-high heat.
2. Stir in the cooked short grain rice, add salt and mix everything together and fry for another 5 minutes on medium heat. Divide the fried rice evenly into 3 groups. Each group will be one serving for the omelet rice.
3. In a mixing bowl, break 2 eggs and add 2 pinches of salt, whisk gently. Each serving of the omurice will need 2 eggs and 2 pinches of salt. Repeat this step 3 times for 3 servings of the omurice.
4. Using a strainer, strain the egg mixture once, to get a smooth texture.
5. Heat an 8-inch nonstick pan on medium-high heat. Drizzle a little bit of cooking oil in the pan and gently wipe the surface with a paper towel. Reduce to medium-low heat. This allows the egg to get a nice shape.
6. Pour the egg mixture into the pan and cook for about 3 minutes, or until the surface of the egg is half-cooked. Then, put one serving of fried rice in the center of the flat egg. Spread the rice evenly down the center.
7. When the egg is ⅔ cooked, the edge of the egg will look like a thin paper. Fold up each side of the egg to cover the rice. Leave it that way for about 2 minutes to finish cooking the egg.
8. Flip it once and cook for another 3 minutes, or until the other side has finished cooking. Transfer the finished omelet rice onto a serving plate.
9. Serve the omelet rice or omurice garnished with ketchup and 2 slices of toasted bread.
You can season the fried rice ketchup, oyster sauce, fish sauce, or Sempio’s Youndoo also.
If you skipped the kimchi, you will have to add more salt or other seasoning ingredients to flavor the rice.
Calories 750 Calories from Fat 247
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g45.3%
Saturated Fat 7.8 g39.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 448 mg149.3%
Sodium 931.1 mg38.8%
Total Carbohydrates 95 g31.6%
Dietary Fiber 5.3 g21.3%
Sugars 7.4 g
Protein 25 g50.9%
Vitamin A 75.1% Vitamin C 122.6%
Calcium 8.1% Iron 36.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet