A lovely, fresh, recipe for lunch, brunch, or casual weeknight dining.
5 Medium, slice
1 Medium, finely chopped
Green bell pepper
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
4 , beaten
1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded
Vegetable oil spray
Chives and parsley
1⁄4 Teaspoon, finely chopped
1. Place a non-stick pan over medium high heat, melt butter, and add mushroom to it. Sauté until golden brown.
2. Sprinkle thyme, salt and pepper. Stir.
3. When the salt starts releasing water, pour sherry. Cook until the alcohol evaporates.
4. On a plate, transfer the mushrooms.
5. Now, in the same pan, spray non-stick oil, add shallots, and sauté until caramelized. Remove from pan, and place it on the same plate with mushroom.
6. Return the pan to medium high heat, grease it with cooking spray, and pour beaten eggs in it.
7. Shake and spread egg all over. Cook until egg firms up. Flip
8. Top egg with mushroom, and shallots. Pour mushroom water if any in your plate on top.
9. Spread shredded cheese. Fold, and cook for a minute or until the cheese melts inside.
10. Serve mushroom and gruyere omelette hot with chives, and parsley garnish.