Mushroom and Gruyere Omelet
|Button mushroom||5 Medium, slice|
|Shallot||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Dried thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Regular salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Green bell pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sherry||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Egg||4 , beaten|
|Gruyere cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Vegetable oil spray||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chives and parsley||1⁄4 Teaspoon, finely chopped|
1. Place a non-stick pan over medium high heat, melt butter, and add mushroom to it. Sauté until golden brown.
2. Sprinkle thyme, salt and pepper. Stir.
3. When the salt starts releasing water, pour sherry. Cook until the alcohol evaporates.
4. On a plate, transfer the mushrooms.
5. Now, in the same pan, spray non-stick oil, add shallots, and sauté until caramelized. Remove from pan, and place it on the same plate with mushroom.
6. Return the pan to medium high heat, grease it with cooking spray, and pour beaten eggs in it.
7. Shake and spread egg all over. Cook until egg firms up. Flip
8. Top egg with mushroom, and shallots. Pour mushroom water if any in your plate on top.
9. Spread shredded cheese. Fold, and cook for a minute or until the cheese melts inside.
10. Serve mushroom and gruyere omelette hot with chives, and parsley garnish.
Calories 528 Calories from Fat 350
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g60.9%
Saturated Fat 20.2 g101%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 515 mg171.7%
Sodium 956.8 mg39.9%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.95 g3.8%
Sugars 1.8 g
Protein 35 g70.1%
Vitamin A 31.1% Vitamin C 6.6%
Calcium 78.3% Iron 21.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet