Egg Foo Young
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Oyster sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Cornstarch||1 Tablespoon, diluted|
|Shrimp||1 Cup (16 tbs), minced|
|Ground pork||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mung bean sprouts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, diced|
|Red bell pepper||1 Medium, diced|
|White mushrooms/Crimini||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Green onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Cooking oil||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cooking rice wine||1 Tablespoon|
1. In a saucepan boil chicken broth.
2. Add soy sauce and oyster sauce then stir.
3. Pour-in diluted cornstarch. Cook until the texture becomes thick.
4. Turn-off heat and transfer to a bowl. Set aside.
5. Spray or pour cooking oil in a frying pan.
6. When the oil is hot enough, sauté the ground pork for 5 minutes.
7. Add the minced shrimps and sauté for 2 minutes.
8. Turn of the heat and transfer the ground pork and minced shrimps in a bowl. Let cool.
9. In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs then add the cooking rice wine, salt, ground black pepper, onion, leeks, mushrooms, mung bean sprouts, red bell pepper, cooked ground pork, and cooked minced shrimps. Mix thoroughly.
10. Heat a cooking pot then pour-in the cooking oil.
11. Using a ladle pour egg mixture. Cook each side for about 3 to 4 minutes.
12. Transfer deep fried egg to a serving plate then top with the sauce and some chopped leeks.