I’m always trying to create new recipes for breakfast. For some reason breakfast is not my favorite meal of the day, therefore it makes it hard for me to get my creative juices to flow. I came up with this recipe when a friend of mine made something similar. I gave it my own spin and here’s the recipe to try it for yourself!
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped and drained
6 (1 1/2 Cup)
Shredded swiss cheese
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
Chopped portobello mushroom caps
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), or sliced
1) In a small mixing bowl add the spinach, egg whites, hot sauce, salt and pepper.
2) Stir the ingredients and break up any clumps of spinach.
3) Then add in the cheese and mushrooms.
4) Mix everything real well.
5) In a 10-inch cast iron skillet over low-medium heat, place the oil in the skillet and make sure it’s coated evenly.
6) Next pour the egg mixture in the skillet and let it cook on low heat for 10 minutes.
7) Frittata will be done once it becomes firm but it will bounce back.
8) Serve with sliced tomato and dollop of no-fat sour cream. Enjoy!
Looking for a healthy, low-fat high protein breakfast recipe, then do try this out. The Chef shows how to make Spinach and Mushroom Frittata. The best part about a frittata is that there is no flipping! This is not only very simple to make but is super healthy and delicious too!