Puffy Omelet with Zucchini Sauce
|Olive oil/Salad oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (fresh or frozen)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (fresh or frozen)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Canned cut zucchini in italian style tomato sauce||16 Ounce (1 can)|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 can)|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Mozzarella cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Separate eggs and place whites and yolks in large bowl and small bowl respectively.
3. In 10-inch skillet with ovenproof handle, over medium-high heat, heat oil.
4. Reserving 1 tablespoon chopped pepper saute the remaining pepper, onion and garlic until tender for about 2 minutes.
5. Stir in zucchini with its sauce and tomato sauce and bring to boiling.
6. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes.
7. With portable electric mixer at high speed, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff peaks form and set aside.
8. With same beaters, beat egg yolks until thick and lemon-colored.
9. Fold beaten yolks into egg-white mixture until no white streaks remain.
10. In center of skillet, sprinkle mozzarella over zucchini and sauce.
11. Pour egg mixture over cheese and bake 20 minutes until omelet is set and golden.
12. Sprinkle reserved green pepper over top and serve.
Calories 256 Calories from Fat 131
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.6%
Saturated Fat 4.8 g24.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 329 mg109.7%
Sodium 747.3 mg31.1%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.4%
Sugars 6.1 g
Protein 15 g30.1%
Vitamin A 23.2% Vitamin C 41.8%
Calcium 13.2% Iron 11.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet