Microwave Broccoli Omelet
|Frozen broccoli||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cheddar cheese/Swiss cheese||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), shredded|
|Eggs||4 , separated|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1) Into a 1-quart casserole, add in the frozen broccoli and 2 tablespoons of water. Cover and microwave on HIGH for 6 minutes.
2) Stir the broccoli once midway between the cooking time. The broccoli must be fork tender to touch.
3) Drain the broccoli. Add in the cheese over the broccoli and give a slight stir. Let the cheese-coated broccoli sit in the covered casserole for a few minutes.
4) In a medium bowl, add in the egg yolks, chopped onion, chopped green pepper, milk, flour, salt and black pepper. Mix and set the bowl aside.
5) In a larger bowl, add in the egg whites and beat them stiff.
6) Gently fold in the egg whites into the egg yolk mixture. Combine slowly and carefully.
7) Melt butter in a 10-inch pie plate for 60 seconds on HIGH.
8) Once the butter melts, spread it coat the pie plate completely, even along the sides.
9) Transfer the omelette mixture into the buttered pie plate.
10) Microwave on MEDIUM for about 10 minutes till the omelette is cooked.
11) While cooking, keep lifting the edges of the omlette over every few minutes to make sure it is cooking evenly.
12) To serve, top the omelette with the cheese-coated broccoli. Slice the omelette into wedges.
Calories 354 Calories from Fat 225
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g39%
Saturated Fat 12.8 g63.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 468.2 mg156.1%
Sodium 565.4 mg23.6%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.4%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8.1%
Sugars 4.2 g
Protein 22 g44.8%
Vitamin A 51.7% Vitamin C 107.1%
Calcium 30.5% Iron 12.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet