|Eggs||4 , separated|
|Flour||3 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Shrimp||2 Tablespoon, creamed (adjust quantity as needed)|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1. In a saucepan, take butter and melt it on a low flame.
2. Mix flour and salt.
3. Add it to melted butter and cook for a minute, stirring it constantly. Remove from flame.
4. Add milk to the above mixture, mix it well and heat it over a medium flame. Keep stirring it constantly.
5. When the white sauce becomes thick and smooth it is done. Leave it to cool.
6. In a bowl, take egg whites. Beat it vigorously until it is stiff enough to hold firm peaks.
7. In another bowl, take the yolks and beat it.
8. Mix egg yolks with the white sauce.
9. Add beaten egg whites and mix everything well.
10. In a 10-€ skillet, take the shortening and heat it over a low flame.
11. Add the omelet mixture to it and cover it tightly with a lid.
12. Cook it over a low flame for 15 to 20 minutes or until it forms a light brown crust at the bottom and the top is firm.
13. Lift the omelet from the sides of skillet so that you can cut it completely, from the center down to the bottom crust.
14. Fold one half of the omelet over the other by tilting the pan.
15. Place one half of the omelet on a dish or platter.
16. Pour creamed shrimp over it.
17. Pour white sauce over the other half of the omelet and place it over the first half.
18. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
19. Serve Puffy Omelet instantly.
Calories 330 Calories from Fat 230
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40%
Saturated Fat 11.8 g58.8%
Trans Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 258.8 mg86.3%
Sodium 592.4 mg24.7%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.48 g1.9%
Sugars 3.4 g
Protein 11 g22.4%
Vitamin A 19.6% Vitamin C 8.6%
Calcium 10.5% Iron 10.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet