A Perfect Omelette
|Eggs||2 (For Breakfast, Or 3 For Lunch)|
1. Beat the eggs lightly so that the whites and yolks are just mixed but not frothy. Add the seasoning to the pan along with the herbs
2. Place the pan over moderate heat and then add the butter to the pan.
3. When the butter is frothy, add the eggs to the pan and stir lightly with the back of a fork. Tilt the pan so that the uncooked eggs flow under the cooked base and cook again. Gather the edges of the omelette, as it sets, towards the centre with a fork, and tilt pan again to spread the uncooked eggs.
4. Repeat this process till the eggs are all cooked. The cooked omelet should be higher in the center than the edges.
5. Remove the pan from heat and fold one third of the omelet towards the center
6. Slide the cooked omelet on to a pan, so that the folded edge is on the plate and at the same time tilt the pan, so that the edge in the pan folds over to get an omelette folded in three.
7. Serve hot