Romanesco Broccoli Omelette
|Broccoli head||1 , cut into spears|
|Red sweet pepper||1 , cut into strips|
|Yellow sweet pepper||1 , cut into strips|
|Eggs||3 , lightly beaten|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Asiago cheese||1 Ounce, coarsely grated|
|Cr�me fraiche/Sour cream||2 Tablespoon|
1. In a saucepan, over medium temperature, heat 1-tablespoon butter and add broccoli and peppers; sautÃ© for about 2 minutes.
2. Cover pan, reduce heat, and let it steam in their own liquid for about 8 minutes or until tender.
3. In a frying pan, heat remaining butter over medium heat until foamy.
4. Add eggs, tilting pan and lifting edges of omelet so liquid eggs run underneath.
5. Combine pepper and cook for about 3 minutes, until eggs are done; fill with broccoli and pepper, sprinkle with cheese, and fold neatly.
6. Cut the omelet into half and serve with a dollop of crÃ¨me fraiche each serving.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 753 Calories from Fat 483
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 54 g83.7%
Saturated Fat 26.3 g131.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 728.9 mg243%
Sodium 577.3 mg24.1%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.3%
Dietary Fiber 11 g43.9%
Sugars 10.3 g
Protein 35 g70.8%
Vitamin A 150.2% Vitamin C 991.8%
Calcium 43.7% Iron 38.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet