|Fresh sorrel||1 Bunch (100 gm), chopped|
|Creme fraiche/Sour cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Eggs||3 , lightly beaten|
|Heavy cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated romano cheese/Parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon|
|Green peppercorns||1⁄2 Teaspoon, drained|
1. In a saucepan, over medium temperature heat half the butter until foamy, add sorrel and cook until limp.
2. Add in crÃ¨me fraiche and remove from heat; stir to mix well.
3. Blend in eggs, cream, cheese, and peppercorns and mix thoroughly.
4. In an omelet frying pan, heat 1-tablespoon butter over medium heat until foamy and barely brown.
5. Add egg mixture, shaking pan to spread eggs and lifting edges to allow the runny part to slide under.
6. Shake and lift for 20 seconds, then let it cook for another 5 minutes until barely set
7. Pour the sorrel mixture onto half the omelet and fold over.
8. Serve immediately on warm plates.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 685 Calories from Fat 547
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 62 g94.9%
Saturated Fat 29.5 g147.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 755.6 mg251.9%
Sodium 448 mg18.7%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.3%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g22.6%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 28 g56.3%
Vitamin A 56.3% Vitamin C 147.5%
Calcium 35.3% Iron 41%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet