|Cold water||1 Tablespoon|
|Butter||1⁄4 Ounce (unsalted if possible)|
1. In a small bowl, break eggs; add water and seasoning. Beat the eggs lightly with a fork until they are smooth but not frothy.
2. Heat an omelet pan, melt butter without browning. Rotate and tilt the pan so that the fat covers the base.
3. Pour the egg mixture into the pan. As the omelet sets, using a palette knife draw the set part towards the centre of the pan and allow liquid egg to run on to the pan and set.
4. After the surface of the omelet is creamy and almost set, fold the omelet over in half.
5. Let the pan be over the heat for another 20-30 seconds, to brown the underneath. Total cooking time for the omelet should only be 1-2 minutes.
6. Take a heated dish and turn the omelet on to it. Serve hot.