|Tillamook cheese/Other sharp cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Pound, grated|
|Butter stick||1⁄8 Pound (1/2 stick)|
|Green pepper||1 , chopped|
|Green onions||5 , chopped (including tops)|
|Fresh mushrooms||10 , sliced|
|Tomatoes||3 , chopped, with skins, seeds and all|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
1) In an iron skillet, saute the green pepper, onions and mushrooms in 1/2 stick butter, until the pepper and onions are soft and the mushrooms are lightly browned.
2) Stir in the tomatoes, and allow to simmer over a low heat for a few minutes.
3) In a bowl, beat the eggs with a wire whisk and stir in water.
4) In another iron skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of butter, then pour in half the eggs and allow to cook, lifting off the edges, until almost set.
5) Sprinkle the omelette with half of the grated cheese and fold it over.
6) Slice and halve the omelette, cook for another 1 minute, then transfer on a warm plate.
7) Repeat with rest of the eggs and grated cheese to make another omelette.
8) Spoon the tomato sauce over each serving, sprinkle with the chopped parsley and serve immediately.