Prosciutto Cheese Omelette
|Prosciutto||1⁄2 Ounce, chopped (Italian style ham)|
|Fresh basil||2 Tablespoon|
|Part skim ricotta cheese||2 Tablespoon|
|Whipped butter||1 Tablespoon, divided|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon|
1) Combine together the prosciutto, basil and ricotta cheese in a small mixing bowl. Stir well to combine and set the mixture aside.
2) With the help of a fork, in a different small mixing bowl, combine together the eggs, salt, water and pepper. Beat the ingredients together well till they have combined.
3) Melt 2 teaspoons of the butter in a 9-inch non-stick skillet.
4) Add the egg mixture to the skillet and cook over moderate-high heat till the omelet-€™s bottom is set and light brown in color. This usually takes 1 to 2 minutes of cooking.
5) Over half of the omlete, spoon the prosciutto mixture.
6) With the help of a spatula, loosen the omlete around the edges and then, with the help of a pancake turner, fold the omlete in half.
7) Onto a flameproof plate, slide the omlete.
8) Melt the remainder of the butter and with the help of a pastry brush, brush the omelet with the melted butter. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese all over.
9) Broil the omelet till the cheese has melted (about 30 seconds).
10) Serve the omelet while it is still hot and fluffy. Place on a serving plate to serve. Makes a good and healthy breakfast dish.