Basic Plain Omelet
|Salt and pepper||1|
1. Keep ready the pan for making and the dish for serving the omelette.
2. Into a basin break the eggs one at a time and put with the water and seasoning.
3. In the pan heat the butter, pour in the egg mixture and as it sets, move it around and stir with a fork so that the still liquid mixture comes in contact with the hot pan.
4. When the egg is set as per taste, loosen edges tilt the pan away from you and using a palette knife fold the omelette over.
5. Turn out on to a hot dish and serve with garnish as desired.