|Eggs||6 , beaten|
|Zucchini||2 Medium, peeled, 1 diced and 1 cut into thin rounds|
|Chopped fresh parsley||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), chopped|
|Tomato sauce||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
1) In a skillet, saute the diced zucchini in 1 tablespoon oil or butter, over a low heat, until softened.
2) Stir in half of the parsley, mix thoroughly, remove and keep aside.
3) Saute the zucchini rounds in another 1 tablespoon of oil or butter, until soft and golden.
4) Sprinkle with the rest of the parsley and the garlic, keep aside.
5) In abowl, season the eggs with the salt and pepper to taste, stir in the diced zucchini.
6) In a large omelet pan, heat 1 tablespoon oil or butter, pour in half the egg mixture and cook until the omelet is firm.
7) Remove on a round serving dish and cover the omelet with the sauted zucchini rounds.
8) Prepare another omelet with the rest of the egg mixture and place over the first omelet.
9) Surround the Zucchini Omelet with a ring of the tomato sauce and serve immediately.
Calories 274 Calories from Fat 202
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35%
Saturated Fat 4.3 g21.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 317.2 mg105.7%
Sodium 218.8 mg9.1%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.7%
Sugars 4.2 g
Protein 11 g22.4%
Vitamin A 19.3% Vitamin C 39.7%
Calcium 6.4% Iron 12%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet