Veal Kidney Omelette
|Eggs||6 Small, beaten|
|Veal kidney||1 , encased in its fat, halved lengthwise|
|Oil||1 Tablespoon (As Required)|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon, freshly grated|
1) Preheat the broiler.
2) Brush the kidney with oil and season with the salt and pepper.
3) Broil for 4 minutes on each side, or until thoroughly cooked, then
slice crosswise into thin slices.
4) In a bowl, season the beaten eggs with the salt and pepper to taste and stir in the parsley and cheese.
5) Stir in the kidney slices and mix thoroughly.
6) In a large omelet pan, melt the butter, pour in the egg mixture and cook the omelet until firm.
7) When the omelet is just set, fold into half and slide on a warmed serving dish.
8) Slice and serve the Veal Kidney Omelet, immediately on individual serving plates.
Calories 230 Calories from Fat 159
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.6%
Saturated Fat 7.2 g35.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 427.2 mg142.4%
Sodium 323.8 mg13.5%
Total Carbohydrates 1 g0.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.13 g0.53%
Sugars 0.5 g
Protein 16 g31.9%
Vitamin A 18.8% Vitamin C 12.1%
Calcium 8.7% Iron 15.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet