Duck Egg Omelette With Coconut
|Coconut/2 tablespoon grated fresh / dried unsweetened coconut||1|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Dried red chili/1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper||1 , stemmed and seeded|
|Water||1 Tablespoon, cold|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
1) Finely chop or grind the shallots, garlic and chili together.
2) In a bowl, mix the shallot mixture, grated coconut, water and salt to taste.
3) In a bowl, beat the mixture with the duck eggs thoroughly, until fluffy.
4) In a wok or a large skillet, heat the oil and swirl so that the sides are well coated with oil.
5) Pour in the eggt mixture, swirl it around so that the omelet is evenly thick and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
6) Turn over gently and cook over a low heat for another 3 to 4, until firm in the middle, edges are slightly crisp and the omelet is lightly browned.
7) Slice into wedges and serve the Duck Egg Omelet with Coconut, immediately on individual serving plates.