Open Face Zucchini Omelette
|Butter/Margarine||1 Tablespoon, melted|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon, grated|
|Pepper red||2 Drop|
|Liquid red pepper seasoning||2 Drop|
|Ground pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Zucchini||2 Medium, finely chopped to make 2 cups|
|Zucchini||2 Medium, finely chopped|
|Green pepper||To Taste, chopped|
|Green pepper||1 , seeded, chopped|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
1. In a large mixing bowl of an electric mixer or rotary beater, combine the first seven ingredients and whisk or beat until well blended.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F
3. In a large oven-proof skillet or frying pan, heat the oil over medium high heat
4. Add zucchini and pepper and sauté for about 5 minutes until very soft.
5. Pour the beaten egg mixture over the vegetables in the skillet.
6. Allow the egg on the sides to start setting then gently stir using a spatula so that the uncooked egg flows below and sets.
7. Once the bottom of the omelet is golden and the top is set but soft, transfer the skillet immediately to the oven.
8. Let the egg on top set, about 4-5 minutes
9. Remove pan from oven, loosen the omelet with the spatula and slide it onto a serving plate.
10. Cut it into wedges and serve immediately while hot and fluffy.
Calories 378 Calories from Fat 267
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.3%
Saturated Fat 9 g45%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 337.2 mg112.4%
Sodium 850.5 mg35.4%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g3.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.4%
Sugars 6 g
Protein 18 g35.3%
Vitamin A 20.4% Vitamin C 100.3%
Calcium 25.2% Iron 13%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet