|Cream of tartar||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In large bowl of electric mixer, crack the eggs, separate the egg whites. Let egg whites warm to room temperature. This will take about 1 hour.
3. With mixer at high speed, beat egg whites with cream of tartar just until stiff peaks form when beaters are slowly raised.
4. In another small bowl of electric mixer, using same beaters, beat egg yolks until thick and lemon-colored. Add salt, pepper, and milk gradually; beat until well combined.
5. With wire whisk or rubber scraper, using an under-and-over motion, gently fold egg-yolk mixture into egg whites just until combined.
6. Gently heat a 9- or 10-inch heavy skillet. Ensure that it has a heat resistant handle.
7. Add butter and oil; heat until it sizzles briskly. The butter should not brown
Tilt pan to coat side with butter mixture.
8. Spread egg mixture evenly in pan; cook, over low heat, without stirring, until lightly browned on underside. This will take about 10 minutes. Transfer skillet to oven; bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until top seems firm when gently pressed with fingertip.
9. Fold over, serve on a warmed plate and garnish with parsley before serving
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 640 Calories from Fat 458
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 51 g79.1%
Saturated Fat 25.7 g128.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1184 mg394.7%
Sodium 1827.8 mg76.2%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.01 g0.05%
Sugars 6.5 g
Protein 36 g72.8%
Vitamin A 42.8% Vitamin C
Calcium 23.8% Iron 14.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet