Gruyere Souffle Omelette
|Onion||1 Tablespoon, grated|
|All purpose flour||6 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Curry powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Eggs||6 , separated|
|Gruyere cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F
2. Beat the egg yolks.
3. Beat the egg whites to soft peaks.
4. In a skillet melt the butter or margarine over medium heat.
5. Add onion and sauté it till it is soft and lightly browned.
6. Stir in flour, salt, curry powder and pepper and sauté until it begins to froth.
7. Add milk, stirring until blended with flour mixture to make a smooth sauce.
8. Cook, stirring until sauce is very thick and comes to a boil.
9. Take pan off the heat and let sauce cool to lukewarm.
10. Gently fold in the egg yolks and egg whites into the cooled sauce.
11. Pour egg mixture into a well-buttered 12-inch ovenproof skillet or frying pan.
12. Place in the preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes until browned on the bottom and set.
13. Sprinkle cheese place under broiler for 3-5 minutes.
14. Remove from the oven and carefully loosen sides of omelet with a spatula and slide over serving plate.
15. Serve hot.
Calories 635 Calories from Fat 405
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 46 g70.5%
Saturated Fat 25 g125.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 524.1 mg174.7%
Sodium 1239.6 mg51.7%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.7%
Sugars 7.1 g
Protein 27 g53.2%
Vitamin A 31.6% Vitamin C 0.78%
Calcium 43.1% Iron 19.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet