|Ears of corn/1 cup canned whole corn kernels||2 Large|
|Onion||1 Large, thinly sliced|
|Diced green pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Liquid hot pepper seasoning||3 Drop|
1. Hold the corn cobs upright and cut the kernel, slicing each row from top to bottom.
2. Tip the corn kernels into boiling water and boil for 3 to 5 minutes until tender
3. Drain well. You can substitute fresh corn with canned whole corn kernels
4. In a large bowl, break in eggs and add salt, pepper and liquid hot pepper seasoning. Beat eggs until well blended.
5. Preheat oven to 325°.
6. Heat a large ovenproof skillet, and sauté bacon in it until well browned and crisp.
7. Use slotted spoon to remove and drain on paper toweling. When cool, crumble and reserve for later use.
8. Retain about 1 table spoon of bacon drippings in pan, draining the rest in a cup.
9. To drippings in pan, add 2 tablespoons butter or margarine and heat.
10. Add onion and pepper and sauté until tender
11. Add the drained corn and toss. Take pan off heat and cool slightly.
12. Tip the corn mixture and crumbles bacon into bowl with beaten eggs.
13. Wipe the skillet with paper toweling.
14. Add the remaining butter or margarine with 1 tablespoon of drained bacon fat and heat well.
15. Pour the egg-corn mixture and let cook until bottom is golden and top is almost set but soft.
16. Transfer skillet to oven and let the top of omelet brown for 2 minutes.
17. Remove skillet from oven and loosen sides of omelet with a spatula.
18. Slide the omelet onto a serving platter and cut into wedges.
19. Serve the omelet immediately while hot and fluffy.