Puffed Or Souffle Omelette
|Eggs||4 , separated (At Room Temperature)|
|Cold water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|White pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F before baking.
2. Using a fork, whisk egg yolks briskly.
3. In a different bowl, cream in egg whites. Beat in water, pepper and salt to form soft peaks. Fold in egg whites to yolks.
4. Take an 8 inch omelet pan, add butter and on moderate heat, allow the butter to start bubbling. Tilt and coat the pan with butter.
5. Add eggs and without covering, cook, for 5 minutes, stirring, till the bottom portion turns pale golden.
6. Place the eggs in the oven and without covering, bake for 12 to 15 minutes so that the omelet turns slightly brown and puffy.
7. Using a spatula, loosen the omelet and with 2 forks, halve the omelet. Transfer to a heated platter upside down.
8. Using a spatula, fold the omelet and serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 395 Calories from Fat 286
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.3%
Saturated Fat 13.9 g69.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 878.2 mg292.7%
Sodium 1253 mg52.2%
Total Carbohydrates 2 g0.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.16 g0.65%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 25 g50.7%
Vitamin A 27% Vitamin C 0.22%
Calcium 11.4% Iron 20.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet