Puffed Or Souffle Omelette
|Eggs||4 , separated (At Room Temperature)|
|Cold water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|White pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F before baking.
2. Using a fork, whisk egg yolks briskly.
3. In a different bowl, cream in egg whites. Beat in water, pepper and salt to form soft peaks. Fold in egg whites to yolks.
4. Take an 8 inch omelet pan, add butter and on moderate heat, allow the butter to start bubbling. Tilt and coat the pan with butter.
5. Add eggs and without covering, cook, for 5 minutes, stirring, till the bottom portion turns pale golden.
6. Place the eggs in the oven and without covering, bake for 12 to 15 minutes so that the omelet turns slightly brown and puffy.
7. Using a spatula, loosen the omelet and with 2 forks, halve the omelet. Transfer to a heated platter upside down.
8. Using a spatula, fold the omelet and serve.