Chive Omelette Stir Fry
|Snipped fresh chives||30 Milliliter (1-2 Tablespoon)|
|Groundnut oil||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), chopped|
|Fresh ginger root piece||1⁄2 Inch, chopped|
|Celery sticks||2 , cut into shreds|
|Carrots||2 , cut into shreds|
|Courgettes||2 Small, cut into shreds|
|Spring onions||4 , cut into shreds|
|Radishes||1 Bunch (100 gm), sliced|
|Bean sprout||4 Ounce (115 Gram, 1 1/2 Cup)|
|Chinese leaves||1⁄4 , shredded|
|Sesame oil||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
1. Whisk together the eggs, chives and seasoning in a bowl. Heat about 5 ml / 1 tsp of the groundnut oil in an omelette pan and pour in just enough of the egg mixture to cover the base of the pan. Cook for about 1 minute until set, then turn over the omelette and cook for a further minute.
2. Tip out the omelette on to a plate and cook the rest of the egg mixture in the same way to make several omelettes, adding extra oil to the pan, if neccessary. Roll up each omelette and slice thinly. Keep the omelettes warm in a low oven until required.
3. Heat the remaining oil in a wok or large frying pan, add the chopped garlic and ginger and stir-fry for a few seconds to flavour the oil.
4. Add the shredded celery, carrots and courgettes and stir-fry the vegetables for about 1 minute. Add the radishes, beansprouts, spring onions and Chinese leaves and stir-fry for a further 2-3 minutes, until all the vegetables are tender but still crunchy. Sprinkle a little sesame oil over the vegetables and toss gently.
5. Serve the stir-fried vegetables at once with the sliced chive omelettes scattered over the top.