‘Cheesy Eggs’ is what Sophia calls a cheese omelet. Like all of our recipes, we strive for kids friendliness in the preparation. With this recipe things like cracking and beating eggs along with grating the cheese leave most of the work to the child ‘chefs’. Watch Sophie plate the cheesy eggs when this recipe is demonstrated on Two Kids (and a Mom) Cooking.
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated
1 Teaspoon (For greasing)
Salt and pepper
1. To start, crack the eggs into a bowl and beat with a whisk. Add the salt and pepper to taste.
2. While you’re preparing the eggs, you can heat up a frying pan and melt enough butter to coat the bottom so the eggs don’t stick.
3. Once the butter has melted, pour the egg mixture into the pan.
4. Once the egg has firmed up enough to slide a spatula underneath, flip it over. Immediately add the cheese to one half of ‘egg circle.’
5. Then flip the other half over the cheese. Let the cheese melt for about 30 seconds, then flip it over one more time.
6. Let it sit in the pan another 30 seconds or so.