|Whole strawberries||2 Cup (32 tbs), frozen (unsweetened from a 16-ounce bag or carton ,)|
|Egg||4 , separated|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
1. Toss strawberries with sugar in a medium-size bowl; let stand about two hours to thaw.
2. When ready to prepare omelet, beat egg whites until they stand in firm peaks in a large bowl.
3. Beat the egg yolks with salt until fluffy-thick in medium-size bowl; beat in lemon juice. Fold into egg whites until no streaks of yellow remain.
4. Melt butter or margarine in a large skillet with ovenproof handle; tilt pan to coat the bottom and sides. Pour in egg mixture.
5. Cook over low heat 5 minutes, or till mixture is set on the bottom.
6. Bake in moderate oven (350°) 5 minutes, or until puffy and lightly golden on top.
7. Loosen omelet around the edges with a knife; lift it onto a heated, large, serving plate. Spoon about half of the strawberry mixture over half of the omelet; lift other half of omelet with a wide spatula and fold over filling. Spoon remaining berries on top.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 568 Calories from Fat 295
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.9%
Saturated Fat 14 g69.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 878.2 mg292.7%
Sodium 1254.2 mg52.3%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g14.9%
Dietary Fiber 7.1 g28.3%
Sugars 34 g
Protein 28 g55.4%
Vitamin A 27.9% Vitamin C 355.3%
Calcium 16.8% Iron 28.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet