Baked Omelette Deluxe
|Sifted regular all purpose flour||17 Tablespoon (1 Cup Plus 1 Tablespoon)|
|Double-acting baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Seasoned salt||To Taste|
|Seasoned pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
|Eggs||6 , separated|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Frozen asparagus spears||8|
|Fresh mushrooms||6 Medium, sliced|
|Cooked shelled deveined shrimp||12|
|Stuffed olives||6 , sliced|
About 1 hour before supper:
1. Start heating oven to 400Â°F. Butter well a 12-by-8-by-2-inch glass baking dish.
2. Into medium bowl sift 1 cup flour with baking powder; stir in 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt, seasoned pepper, Parmesan cheese, and egg yolks; gradually add milk, beating with large fork until smooth.
3. In large bowl, with mixer at high speed, beat egg whites until stiff; gradually beat in 1 tablespoon flour. Then carefully fold in egg-yolk mixture completely. Pour into baking dish.
4. Bake omelette about 40 minutes, or until golden brown and high.
5. Meanwhile, cook asparagus spears in 1/2 cup boiling water, with bouillon cube and 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt, until tender about 8 minutes; drain. Then cut spears in half crosswise, and, if desired, use only the tops (use remaining pieces in soup or salad).
6. In 1 tablespoon butter, in skillet, saute mushrooms about 5 minutes, or until golden brown.
7. Melt 6 tablespoons butter.
8. When done, remove omelette from oven; immediately arrange asparagus, shrimp, mushrooms, and olives on top, in rows; then brush with melted butter (omelette will fall some). Bake 5 minutes longer.
9. Serve at once, with rest of melted butter in a small pitcher.