Oyster Pork Omelette
|Lean pork||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh mushrooms||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Bamboo shoots||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cold water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Oyster sauce||1 Teaspoon|
1. Shell oysters. Shred pork. Slice mushrooms and bamboo shoots. Mince scallion stalks.
2. Beat eggs. Stir in milk, salt, oysters and minced scallion.
3. Heat oil. Add shredded pork and stir-fry until it loses its pinkness (about 2 minutes). Add mushrooms and bamboo shoots; stir-fry 2 minute more.
4. Add egg mixture and cook as in Basic Omelet, above. When the bottom sets, fold omelet in half with a spatula. Turn it over and lightly brown the other side.
5. Meanwhile in a saucepan, blend cornstarch and cold water to a paste. Then add soy and oyster sauce and heat, stirring, until mixture thickens. Pour over omelet and serve at once.