Steamed Omelette Rolls
|Cooked chicken||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh ginger root||1 , slice|
|Stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Beat eggs and season with salt.
2. Lightly oil an 8-inch skillet; then heat over a low flame until very hot. Remove skillet from heat and add 1/3 eggs, tilting pan so they spread evenly over the bottom.
3. Return skillet to stove and cook eggs over low heat until they have set but are still moist. Gently invert omelet onto a platter. Repeat process to make 2 more omelets; let them cool slightly.
4. Meanwhile mince or grind cooked chicken, together with ginger root and onion. Season with remaining salt. Divide the mixture into 3 parts.
5. Top each omelet with mixture and roll it tightly around the topping. Then secure with toothpicks. Arrange omelet rolls on a heatproof dish and steam on a rack 10 to 15 minutes
6. Transfer omelet rolls to a warm serving dish and cut each in 1-inch sections. Meanwhile heat stock in a saucepan. Stir in sherry and last of the salt. Then pour over omelet rolls and serve.