Orange and Olive Platter
|Ripe olives||12 , pitted|
|Iceberg lettuce head||1 , shredded|
|Onion||1 , finely minced|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Corn oil/Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon|
|White wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) With the help of a sharp knife, cut in a spiral motion to remove the rind and pith for the oranges. Cut the flesh across into neat slices.
2) On a shallow serving plate, arrange the lettuce neatly and then carefully arrange the orange slices in 2 neatly overlapping lines down the lettuce-€™s center.
3) Down the center of each line of orange slices, place the olives. Loosely cover the salad and place it in the fridge till required.
4) Make the dressing right before serving. Into a screw-top jar, put the dressing ingredients with seasoning to taste. Shake well till thoroughly blended.
5) Around the chilled salad, pour the dressing and, if preferred, garnish with alfalfa sprouts.
6) Serve the salad right away, while it is still fresh and chilled. Makes a good and delectable appetizer.