Rotelle with Tomatoes and Green Olives
|Ripe tomatoes||10 , peeled, seeded and cut into chunks|
|Green olives||165 Milliliter, pitted, sliced (2/3 cup)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Finely chopped fresh parsley/Basil / a mixture||60 Milliliter (1/4 cup)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Balsamic vinegar||3 Drop|
|Rotelli pasta/2/3 pound dried rotelli||3⁄4 Pound (340 gram, fresh)|
1) In a large serving bowl, mix the tomatoes chunks, green olives, herbs, garlic, salt and pepper to taste together.
2) Pour in the olive oil and vinegar, toss to coat thoroughly.
3) Cover and allow to stand at room temperature for minimum 2 hours for the flavous to blend.
4) In a pan, cook rotelle in the boiling salted water, until tender and drain thoroughly.
5) Add the cooked rotelle into the sauce and toss immediately, just before serving.
6) Serve the Rotelle with Tomatoes and Green Olives on individual serving plates.
Calories 652 Calories from Fat 284
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g48.5%
Saturated Fat 2 g10.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 260.6 mg10.9%
Total Carbohydrates 85 g28.5%
Dietary Fiber 11.5 g46.1%
Sugars 8.2 g
Protein 9 g18.7%
Vitamin A 76.5% Vitamin C 99.7%
Calcium 8.1% Iron 18.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet